Monday, January 7, 2008

Rock and Roll!

I have been thinking about this for a few days, then I saw on Whatever that Mr. Scalzi was talking about how bad the band Europe was and it inspired me to write this down.

I bought an album from a band called Vanden Plas, they are from Europe, though I don't know which country off the top of my head and I don't have time to look it up, but I'm sure they have a nice strong accent. The question I've always had was, where does that accent go when they sing? The singer sounds like he grew up down the street from me. Most of the bands that I can think of off the top of my head are like that, sure you may get a hint of it, but you'd have to try and listen for it.

When I was younger I'd be surprised when would find out a band wasn't from here, "Really, the Scorpions aren't from Texas?" It's like every time my mom sees "House" she has to mention she didn't realize he was British. Every. Time.

Here's a question, how come I can understand the words that Vanden Plas sings, but I can't understand a word Eddie Vedder sings -- or says? What about Kurt Cobain? What is (was) their problem? Too cool, or too stoned? (On a side note, would anyone care about Kurt anymore if he was still alive?)

I wonder what Arnold Schwarzenegger sounds like when he sings a lullabye? Accent, or no?

I have a lot of questions today. I feel like a 3 year old.

No comments: