Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hey Winter

Where did you go? It's early January, it is supposed to be cold, snowy, and windy. Remember? Did Al Gore scare you away with all the Global Warming talk?

Now, I don't like to complain about warm weather in January, I admit that I like it. My wife and I have been able to do some running outside, and it's been nice going out with ten layers of clothes. On the other hand, we shouldn't have tornadoes destroying houses in January, it's just not right.

Also, on a personal note, we have a race early February in Lake Geneva. Are you going to wake up and be all irritated that you haven't been spreading cold and misery, and dump a foot of snow on us? Is it going to be so cold that we can't breathe? Let's make a deal, let's drop the temperature down to the 20's for a couple weeks, maybe a little snow if you want, then you can go away again. Deal? Great!

If you are looking at this Lori, yes I ran on the treadmill. For 40 mind numbing minutes. I tried a new trick where I increase the speed one notch when a new song starts. It helped pass the time a little quicker.

1 comment:

bluegame said...

MIKE... THERE IS NO EXCUSES FOR NOT RUNNING TODAY. YOU COULD OF RAN TO MOUNT PROSPECT TODAY! LETS GET ON THE PROGRAM!