Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Choppin' Broccoli

Dana Carvey singing the broccoli song always pops in my head whenever I see or say broccoli. Is that weird? Am I the only one? Does anyone know what I am talking about?

I rarely eat vegetables. I know I should, especially if I want to get in shape. I make them for the kids all the time, but when I cook for me and my wife I always skip the vegetables. I'll make make a salad most of the time, but as far as I know, there aren't many vitamins in lettuce.

The thing is, when I make a frozen dinner, I eat all the veggies. Even the ones I don't like. I really don't like broccoli much, but if it is in the plastic try I'll finish it off. It is probably due to the "clean your plate" mentality that we all get growing up. I do eat the dessert before I finish off the veggies -- don't tell my mom.

No comments: