Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cleaning tip

I have a cleaning tip for you that I thought of while vacuuming the other day.

Have you heard the tip of using a two-by-four and making lines instead of vacuuming? Don't do that. It's stupid and probably more work than actually vacuuming. Instead vacuum, trust me you need it, but then walk all over the place. Make foot prints, try to cover most of the vacuum tracks. Also, leave a couple of crumbs and maybe one dust bunny floating in a corner.

Now, when company comes over, make sure you point out the crumbs and dust bunny and apologize for not having time to clean up. See, they will think this is how your house always looks. They will think you are neat and clean even if you are a total slob. Try it, and let me know how it works.

For the bachelor, this can work well too. Leave a dish or two in the sink. Maybe one pair of pants folded over a chair neatly. Not too neatly though; no need to keep the pleats. Now, when your special lady comes to visit for the first time she can see that, while you have a few things out, you will be easy to fix.

However, if you go too clean you look like a neat freak. Women don't want their men to be neater than them. Usually this is not a problem for guys but, for you super neat guys, you need to relax it a little bit. It's OK to leave a dish in the sink for longer than 30 seconds. Also, there is nothing wrong with putting your clothes on the floor when you go to bed. They are not going to cause your world to collapse around you. Trust me, I know.

So next time you clean remember; there is no need to be spotless.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a neat freak, but I'm not a slob either. My place is clean but I don't care if a dish sits for a while hence my sinkful of them last week.

My biggest problem is getting laundry put away. It usually sits in the basket (folded of course) and I just dig out of it.

BTW, we're all still waiting for you, the wife and everyone else on blogger to join us on wordpress. It's so much better. :)

Mike said...

DC: don't get me started on laundry. We are very bad with that. That is why I didn't offer tips on laundry. :)

I may look into word press later. I don't have the time to fiddle right now.

Florinda said...

I think this will be a featured housekeeping tip in my next "links" post. Seriously.

And Blogger's not all THAT bad - stick with it :-)

Mike said...

Florinda: Thanks!

You know, if I knew HTML I could be happier. I don't like any of the layout options. That's really my problem. I took Fortran in college; that won't help me here, I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay...way off topic here. But, as I was browsing some blogs, someone had a post about movies. One person commented about Lucas and the first thing I thought was, "Hey, Mike was an extra in that." Haha.

Mike said...

DC: Ha! That's funny!

Cleaning Tips said...

Mike, you can learn HTML very quickly and easily! There all is very simple, besides on the Internet of full literature!