Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ten on Tuesday: games people play and watch.

I haven't done a Ten on Tuesday post lately, mostly due to work, but I'm doing it today. This week is "Ten Favorite Sports to Play or Watch." I'm not a huge sports guy, let's see how this goes.

To play:

Golf: Yes, I know some people say this isn't a real sport, but it is.
Soccer: It's been a while, but I started playing when I was about 7 or 8.
Basketball: I don't know if you can call what I do playing, but I try.
Running: I run in some 5K's, and I'm planning on doing a few longer races this year. I'm slow though

To watch:
Football: But I only watch the Chicago Bears, and sometimes the Superbowl
Golf: Trust me, if you play it is less boring to watch on TV.
Curling: OK, it's not really on TV much, but I watched it when I was up in the middle of the night feeding my son when he was a baby, it has some meaning. I have no idea what anyone is doing, or how to play.

What is that? Seven? Close enough. I don't watch many sports. I can tell you one I find really boring -- Baseball. They should get three pitches, then the next batter is up. The games would go so much faster. I know, I have no room to talk since I watch golf.

What do you watch or play?

4 comments:

Florinda said...

I blew off Ten on Tuesday this week, since I am totally not sporty. I don't think I would have even come up with seven.

But I disagree with you about baseball. It's the only sport I can actually follow. But I wouldn't mind if there were only seven innings instead of nine - just bump the "stretch" up to the fifth :-).

DC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DC said...

Well, I don't play sports. I was never really good at any of them. Even in high school, all I did was run track. Until I sprained my ankle...walking to my car.

The sport I always watch is football. I'm a huge fan and don't miss the games. I even watch a live game about once a year.

I totally agree about baseball. It's a snoozefest. I even had friends try to convince me that it's better watching it live. So, I went to a game. The result: zzzzzzz!

**Whoops, hit the little trash can by accident...Doh!

Mike said...

Florinda: I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me about baseball. It is the national pastime. :) Maybe cutting it down to seven innings would help; but beer sales will plummet.

DC: I've gone to three or four games. Two since I've been an adult. It helps the game a little to be there but I still get disracted and fidgety. I need constant action. Maybe they could let a bull loose in the outfield once in a while.