Thursday, July 31, 2008

More fun tidbits from the neighborhood

I know you want to hear more, and I have nothing else to talk about right now.

Tonight when I was walking Quincy we went past this car that was, quite literally, full of junk. It wasn't clothes, or anything like that, it looked like papers mostly; files, plain paper, envelopes, you name it. There was only room for a driver, and a skinny one at that. I wanted to take a picture but I only had my cell phone with me. With the darkness, the picture would not have turned out anyway.

Now, those of you who have kids now what a messy car looks like. Sure, you say you aren't going to let your kids eat anything in the car, and the works for a while. Then, one day, you are running late for work and let them have something in the car on the way to school or day care. Just this one time. Yeah, that's what you say the next several times too. Before you know it, you car is full of Cheerios, crackers and Cheese-Its. But, no matter how many crumbs, toys, or stuffed animals are in your car, know one thing: You car is cleaner than this car.

But still, clean it out when you get a chance. Please. For the kids.

Update: I fixed the format of the post. It was a little hard to read. Sorry about that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have kids so, my car stays pretty clean on the inside. Wait, except for the dog hair. Have plenty of that! :)

I actually worked with a girl who's car was disgusting. We went to lunch once and there was a banana peel on the passenger side floor...a freaking, rotting, banana peel! I never got in her car again!

Mike said...

DC: We don't have much dog hair--yet. Our dog is only 6 months old.

A banana peel is pretty gross. Those things smell, too. Good choice in not going back in that car.

Florinda said...

Why my car mostly stays clean: the kids go in their dad's car. Of course, they wouldn't be the ones who splash the coffee while driving...

I really should get my car detailed. Thanks for one more thing on the to-do list :-).

Mike said...

Florinda: No, blame the other drivers who make you ATP quickly, they are the people spilling your coffee.

Consider this post a PSA for keeping your car clean. :)

bluegame said...

MIKE~
THE CAR PROBALLY LOOKS LIKE MY HOUSE.. THAT'S WHY NO ONE COMES OVER... BEEN WORKING LONG STRETCH SUNDAY NIGHT I WORK AM THEN HAVE END OF REPORTS TO FINISH ARE YOU ABLE TO TAKE MOM HOME. I AM STRESSED END OF MONTH AND HAVE TO HAVE IT ALL READY FOR CONFERENCE CALL MONDAY AM @ 7AM... IF YOU CAN'T I UNDERSTAND.