I was tagged by Jenn to do the six things about me meme a week or so ago, I know I'm a slacker, but it is a holiday week! Anyway, I did this a couple months ago when Unfocused Me tagged me, but since Jenn is my wife, I think I should do it again. Jenn also told me I have to do six different things. I tried to be a slacker and copy my old one, but no, I have to think of six new things. Six! I'm really not all that interesting to begin with, but I'll give it the old college try. I think that means I have to drink a lot of beer before I do it, right? To bad I only have two in the fridge.
Enough stalling; on to the meme! (Now that I went to Jenn's blog to copy and paste I see that she tagged me on July 3rd. It's seems so long ago.)
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules.
3. Write six things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their sites.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up
On to the list (it is really taking a long time to get to it; I'm building tension).
1. I often relate things that are happening in real life to old, or not so old TV shows. Did you ever see Dream On when it was on HBO? I swear that main character was modeled after me. I don't do it quite as much as I used to, but Brady Bunch was often the go to reference.
2. I like music, but I need it to be perfect. By that I mean no static, no skipping, nothing that is going to distract me from enjoying it. Take today for example, I was listening to my iPod in the car and the cord that attaches to the headphone jack is getting lose. You know what I'm talking about, the headphone jack starts making crackling noises and you keep playing with the cord to find the perfect position then you put it back down and it starts again then you try to hold in on your lap and that only works until the first turn and your only option at that point is to drive off a cliff. Phew. Deep breaths. Oooom. Find your center. I'm okay now, really.
3. I'm afraid of heights. If I tried and stand near a ledge or railing that overlooks something over 15 feet high I get dizzy and think I'm going to fall. I mean I can actually see myself falling. It's weird. I'm okay in a plane though. Explain that one.
4. I was an extra in a movie once. The movie was Lucas with Corey Haim, Charlie sheen, and a few other notables, all of whom were unknown then. If you watch one of the shower scenes closely you can see me wearing a towel. It was an interesting, but long, two days spent on the set in a high school around here.
5. I am a nice guy, but I did break up with a girl on a day that just happened to be her birthday -- and Thanksgiving Day. Yeah, it wasn't pretty. But, in my defense, I did try to get out of going to her house that night since we had company at our house. Unfortunately, my mom was nice enough to let me go. The good part of the story is that I started going out with Jenn shortly after; she was basically the reason why I was breaking up with the other girl. See how good that worked out? Really I am a nice person. Most people don't believe I would do something like that. To be honest, I don't either.
6. When I was in college I use to write fiction in my free time. Mostly stuff like I was reading at the time; kind of horror, Twilight Zone-ish type stuff. Not that I don't read the same stuff now. I actually sent one story out to a contest once. I didn't win. The story was a mess really, I thought I was doing something different style-wise, but it was too hard to follow I think. Jenn liked some of it at the time, though maybe she was only being nice. I like writing here, maybe I'll do more fiction stuff. I don't know.
So there you go. I'm not really going to tag people, but if some people that come here want to do it (I'm looking at you Florinda and DC) you can. I just don't want anyone to feel obligated, especially if you've done it before. See, I'm nice and considerate no matter what #5 says!
Oh, my other "six things" meme can be found here.