Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend Assignment #226: Jukebox Brain

We're talking music this week for the Weekend Assignment. I like talking about music, just ask my wife. (I can feel her eyes rolling now.)

Karen asks:

Is there a song that you're
particularly enjoying at the moment, that's on heavy rotation on your
iPod, the CD player in your car, or just in your head? If so, what is
it? If not, what was the last song you were really into?


I go through stages, as I think most people do, with music. If I buy a new CD it can stay in my player in the car for weeks without coming out. Unless I don't like it, then it gets ejected right away and filed away, never to be heard from again.

Sometimes I will get into a groove of listening to a particular band, or CD from a band, that I have had for awhile. At times I might mix it up and have a new CD in heavy rotation in the car, and an older one in the house.

Right now in the car is the new Weezer album (CD, whatever, I'm old!). This is the first album that I have ever bought from Weezer. I have heard many songs of theirs I've liked, so I figured I take the chance. I like it. It is not my normal music, Jenn is surprised I like it, but it's good. My kids like it, too. My daughter likes the single Pork and Beans because they say underwear in it. She will make me play that song a few times in a row once it plays. My son likes Everybody get Dangerous. He thinks he's a badass. I'm in so much trouble when he gets older.

In the house I have been listening to Spock's Beard's, The Kindness of Strangers. I'm not sure which song I like the best, but I think it is The Good Don't Last. I like the line: "We made a land where crap is king/and the good don't last too long." They make many references to bad songs and bad TV shows that were poplular. It's a fun song!

Extra Credit: What song, if any, has been playing in your head today, and you really wish it would stop now?

No specific song, but people at work were talking about Neil Diamond, so he in general has been in my head. I don't know what is worse!

What's in your head? Or CD Player or whatever you danr kids use these days?

6 comments:

Florinda said...

Neil Diamond!? Hope it's been exorcised by now - maybe that Rush you were listening to earlier in honor of Geddy Lee's birthday helped.

I downloaded "Pork and Beans," but not the whole album. I check out a few more tracks next time I'm on iTunes.

Mike said...

Florinda: It wasn't too bad. It's out of my head now.

Off that Weezer album I also really like Dreaming and Automatic. Check it out.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I'm feeling hopelessly old, out-of-touch and fuddy-duddyish reading these. I'd better check out Weezer, at the very least!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, those Weezer songs are pretty catchy. My latest song that I really enjoy, and hear often because it's also my phones ringer, is "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace. I just really like it!

Song I couldn't get out of my head yesterday. "It's Not Unsual" by Tom Jones. Hey, I like that song...lol. Plus, it's the ringer on my phone when my mom calls, cause she likes it too. She called me a couple times yesterday so I Couldn't get the song out of my head. :)

Mike said...

Karen: don't feel that way. Everyone likes there own stuff. Most of my music nobody has heard of anyway. :)

DC: I don't know Three Days Grace off the top of my head, but it sounds familiar.

Tom Jones, huh? Could have been What's New Pussycat. That would have been worse. :)

Kiva said...

Ah, some new music to try! Thanks for replacing Small World with Sweet Caroline :0p