Thursday, July 10, 2008

Missing something?

On Thursdays my son's summer school goes to the local pool after lunch. For the kids in his age group you send the kids in there swim suits and they change to regular clothes after they get back to the school.

So today I packed up all his clothes and sent him off. When I picked him up they were watching a movie and he walked up to me a little sheepishly. He didn't look like he was crying exactly, but he looked a little upset.

"You forgot my underwear, dad," was all he said.

Yeah, I made my son go commando at school today. Only for an hour or so, though. I don't think I scarred him for life or anything.

5 comments:

bluegame said...

mike,
how the heck can you forget the most important thing? the underwear??Jenn ios she aware of this issue????

DC said...

I was a camp counselor a few years back and I remember there was always a kid missing something because a parent forgot to pack it. The worse was when we took them to the beach and they didn't have a clean pair of shorts to put on so they had to go back in the ocean drenched ones.

It happens...so, you're not alone. :)

Mike said...

Lori: Yeah, I told Jenn. She saw me take them out in the morning. I'm not sure what happened.

DC: Thanks. At least I know I'm not the only loser. :)

Anonymous said...

When my son was a baby, I used to take my daughter to pre-school in the morning so that my wife would only have to schlep the baby out there once each day instead of twice.

Unfocused Girl stopped napping before she started pre-school, but they did have a rest period.

One day, I forgot her yellow blanket.

It was not a good day. You are not alone.

Mike said...

Unfocused: Thanks. The blanket can be a big deal. I hope she didn't hold it against you too long.