OK, can I think of ten favorite movie characters for this week's Ten on Tuesday? Let's find out.
1. Buck Russel -- Uncle Buck, John Candy. Sure he was a doofus, but he cared about the kids and even made his brother's daughter realize she was a pain in the butt. And he was funny!
2. John Winger -- Stripes, Bill Murray. He was a slob and kind of a bum, but he was fun and helped rescue his friends. Sure, it was partly his fault his friends were in trouble; all water under the bridge.
3. Elliott -- ET, Henry Thomas. I was a couple of years older than Elliott, but I really thought it would have been cool to have ET come visit my house. Heck, he could come now and help out our plants.
4. Darth Vader, (Do I really have to say which movie?). Yes, he was the bad guy, but who wouldn't want his control over people. Besides he helped his estranged son out at the end. I knew there was good in him. (sniff)
5. Indiana Jones. I think you know from where, Harrison Ford . I liked that he used a whip and his fists to take out people. Plus, he was smart, and had cool adventures. Too bad archeology isn't that fun in real life.
6. Vincent Gambini & Mona Lisa Vito -- My Cousin Vinny, Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei. I can watch this movie any time it is on. I'm not sure which character I like best so I put both down.
7. Chet Donnely -- Weird Science, John Paxton. He didn't have a huge part, but every line was perfect. "You're stewed buttwad!" Classic.
8. Clark Griswold -- Vacation, Chevy Chase. Probably Chevy's best role.
9. Irwin Fletcher -- Fletch, Chevy Chase. Yes, I know what I said above. I forgot about this movie. This is his best role. Really!
10. Roy Neary -- Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Richard Dreyfuss. He was going to get to that mountain, and see the aliens, no matter what. Hopefully he eventually came back to find his family.
There you go, I was stretching a bit to get to ten. Who are your favorites?