Thursday, January 24, 2008

Congratulations

I don't know why I do it, but I always read the engagement announcements in the newspaper. I'm not looking for anybody I know, I just think they are fun to read. People seem to think that getting engaged is a time to proclaim to the world what your accomplishments have been to date. What does graduating magna cum laude or with honors have to do with getting married. Why should people care where you went to school? I never really understood that. I'm not sure if my wife and I even put an announcement in the paper. You'd think that the people that care you are getting married would know since you would tell them, and those people know where you went to school and how well you did there. I know a lot of these announcements, or all of them, are put in by the parents, but I think you can talk to your parents and have them dial it down a little.

Thanks,

Mike (super magna cum laude, Fred's Internet School of Knowledge)

No comments: