Sunday, January 6, 2008

Water Log

I received a HydraCoach water bottle for Christmas. It's an interesting water bottle that compares your water intake for the day against what you should take in based on your weight. It's fun watching the numbers change as you drink, it's like having your mom watch over you all day. So far I am at 29% of what I should take in for the day, over the course of 5 hours, which equates to 5.1 ounces and hour. What does that mean? I'm not sure. I'm almost a third of the way there, but how does it know if I over-hydrated yesterday and I don't need as much, or just the opposite.

What I tend to do is start off really strong, trying to reach that magic number, take in too much, too soon, and spend the afternoon in the washroom. I need to pace myself better. I have problems pacing myself when I run, too. Maybe that part of my brain that tells me to pace myself is out of order in my head? That could be why I don't remember much from college....

It's a decent day here in Chicagoland, 55 and misty, so I should be able to run outside instead of the treadmill today. That's a bonus right there. I hope my Shuffle is charged....

No comments: