Friday, January 4, 2008

Weekend Assignment #196: Missing Words

John Scalzi from Whatever has handed over the Weekend Assignments to Karen Funk Blocher, so here we are. Hi Karen.

Weekend Assignment #196: Now that the WGA strike has had lots of time to affect the prime time television schedules, how is it affecting you as a viewer? What show do you miss most, aside from reruns?

For starters, I'd have to say that our TiVo is getting less of a workout. It's sad really, sometimes we fail too hook it up to the phone line, and it doesn't really matter. If it wasn't for all the kids shows we record, the poor machine would be very lonely.

I do miss House, The Office, and Journeyman (hope that one comes back), but at least Monk and Psych are coming back next week. I figure with those two shows on Friday nights, as well as The Soup, I can make them last for three days.

I almost forgot about Lost. I am looking forward to that coming back. I think with no new shows on, even if Lost isn't that great, it will seem incredible.

I will say this, even though there aren't a whole lot of shows I watch, I want the strike to end. From what I've gathered, it seems as if the WGA is asking for very little. Plus, there are a lot of people not working that aren't directly involved, they need money too.


Extra Credit: how are you spending the time instead?

I will say it has given me a little more time to exercise. So I can thank the studio heads for giving me one less excuse for losing the holiday weight.

No comments: