Friday, June 13, 2008

The car is in the shop

I dropped off the car this morning. Now I get to wait for a call telling me what is wrong with the car. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my car is doing some funky stuttering thing when I try to accelerate at highway speeds. Maybe my car has been hearing all he talk about hypermiling, and it is trying to save me some gas? I never thought of that.

So what's going to be the problem? Any guesses? Transmission related, engine, computer problem, or the best one; could not duplicate problem. I used to work as a service advisor a while back. I hated having to call people and tell the the technician couldn't duplicate their problem. Mostly because they didn't believe me. Sometimes, it was best they didn't.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for the call. I wonder how much this is going to cost? We had some plans for work around the house this year.

2 comments:

DC said...

I'll take transmission problems for $1000, Alex.

Actually, I have no guess what it could be. When I had car problems in the past I would always try to explain it to the mechanic with my own sound effects and they always looked at me like I was on crack. It was times like those that I wished the Police Academy sound effects guy could come with me.

Mike said...

DC: I think I saw him on a commercial. Was it Geico? Either way, he probably has some free time; I'm sure he'd help you next time.