Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Four hours!

That's how long it took the kids to clean their rooms. Four hours!
Mind you, the actual cleaning time was approximately 20 minutes, the
rest of the time was filled with whining and crying. And crying, and
whining, and 'it's no fair' and 'it's boring', and...I think you get
the point.

Luckily Jenn came home at about the 2 and-a-half hour point; any
longer and I would have lost my mind. Completely. I was half way there
before she came home.

Now they are asleep, their rooms are clean and I'm going to enjoy some
ice cream my wife bought for me. And maybe a beer.

How was your day?

I forgot. I burned the pizza I was making for dinner while I was
arguing with them. Luckily, we had some Spaghettios. I had the least
burned part of the pizza. Mmmm, good

4 comments:

Florinda said...

Yeah, it's like that at my house too. Someday they might learn that if they just DID stuff without all the conversation, they'd get done a lot faster. If I ever see it happen, I'll let you know how old the kids are at the time... :-).

Mike said...

Florinda: You're not making me feel any better. Your kids are older than mine; it doesn't get easier soon? :)

DC said...

We did that to my mother ALL the time. It was a constant issue just to get us to clean anything.

Just another reason why I don't plan to have kids. :)

Mike said...

DC: I was wondering if I'd scare people without kids. :) It's really not that bad, just sometimes. :)