Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rock and Roll! and randomness

I'm going to a concert tonight, and while I want to go, it stinks that it is on a week day. I'm getting too old to stay up late, then go to work in the morning. I was thinking about trading to an afternoon shift so I could sleep in, but it is the end of my week tomorrow. I want to end it as early as possible. Oh, and we have general admission tickets, so I have to stand the whole time. No chairs at all! The real problem is, I could go to sleep right now. Sure, I'll probably wake up when the show starts, it should be loud, but what am I going to feel like tomorrow? Ugh. I'm old. Eh sonny, I can't here you. You need to talk loud to grampa.

Remember when you were in high school and you went to a concert and wore your shirt you bought to school the next day? All kids did that, right? That was how you showed you were cool. Hey, look at me in my Ratt t-shirt! (yes, I really had one). So, should I do that tomorrow at work? I think it would be cool to wear an Iron Maiden shirt to work. I'm not really going to do it of course, I probably won't even buy one. I did buy a Rush shirt last fall, though.

On CNN right now they are talking to a guy who shot a nail into his head and the doctor took it out with a claw hammer. Slow news day?

Speaking of news. A while back I posted about Wisconsin Dells, well turns out the lake the do the water show in is basically gone. They had some major storms there this past week and the flood waters washed away the dam holding the water back. Once the dam gave way the water flowed into the river, washed away a few houses, and left some fish behind. It's really crazy to see a whole lake gone. It was a man-made, it seems, but still, It was big.

On a lighter note; my wife bought some new cookies. They are Oreo Fudgies. Yes, they are as good as they sound. Maybe better! Go try some tonight. Tell them I sent you.








4 comments:

DC said...

I know how you feel about worrying what tomorrow will be like. Remember how much easier it was when we could stay up, sleep an hour and still be able to pull off a work day...memories.

As for the concerts, I didn't get to wear my t-shirt to school because I went to a private school and wore a uniform, darn. But, I did get the t-shirt anyway to wear at other times. I actually found one of my Depeche Mode t-shirts a while back.

Have fun tonight and the ringing in your ears should go away within a day or two. :)

Mike said...

DC: I know. I used to do it all the time!

You missed out on the shirt thing in high school. It was such an event.

I hope the ringing goes away, period. Thanks!

Florinda said...

You mentioned an Iron Maiden T-shirt - was it their concert? You really are too old for that, especially on a weeknight :-).

But really, who did you go see?

I am definitely too old for concerts on weeknights myself. I resent anything that gets me home later than 10:30 when I have to get up for work the next day.

Mike said...

Florinda: Yes, it was Iron Maiden. I meant to link to it, but I forgot. To answer you're question; you're never too old for rock and roll! :)

Actually I had to go. I haven't seen them since i was in high school so I thought it would make me feel younger. Instead it made me more tired. :) It was a really fun show, though. I don't have to work tomorrow, that should help.