Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm an idiot.

I had to catch a 6:30am flight this morning. I don't know why, but I
got up at 4:45am. By the time I got out of the shower it was 5:00am. I
had to shave, and de-wrinkle my pants in the dryer. I finished
shaving, and realized I need to check-in for the flight on the
computer. I turn the computer on, which takes an hour to boot up, and
check on my pants. They are a mangled, wrinkled mess. So, I search the
house for some Downy Wrinkle Releaser. I find three bottles that are
too empty to spray, so I have to combine them. I spray the pants, get
the wrinkles out the best I can, and check in on the computer, and
leave the house. It is about 5:25 at this point. I need to make some
awesome time. Luckily there is little traffic until I get to the toll
booth for O'Hare. I get through, find a parking space and head inside.
I find out I'm at a 'C' gate, which is on the other side of the
terminal. It is 5:50 now. I run through the terminal like a 1980's OJ
Simpson, manage to get through security quickly and get on the plane
at 6:15am. Plenty of time!

It was a stressful morning. I didn't compute the time I needed to
get up correctly. I should have left the house the time that I was
getting out of the shower. I don't know what I was thinking. Hitting
snooze twice didn't help either.

But, it all worked out. I made it home early, got a late lunch, picked
up the kids from school, fed them, then we all went to swimming
lessons. The kids took lessons, Jenn and I watched. You know what I
mean.

No, I'm not tired (yaaaaawn) at all.

3 comments:

Florinda said...

I'm glad it all worked out, but I would have been seriously stressed myself. I need just a bit more lead time... I find that checking in online before getting to the airport does help, though.

My husband does that "de-wrinkling clothes in the dryer" thing too. Can't guys just take them right out and hang them up before they get wrinkled :-)? (He hasn't given me a decent answer for this one yet.)

DC said...

The mysterious post appears!

As for rushing to the airport, that was me last year. I was in Chicago and had to drive back to St. Louis to fly home. Well, me and my friend stayed up really late even though we had to get up at 4am to make the 5hr drive back to St. Louis, drop off the rental car and make our 12pm flight. We woke up late, left late and after dropping the car off we were getting to the airport right at 12! Lucky for us our flight was delayed and we ended up having enough time...whew!

Mike said...

Florinda: No, it's part of the guy code. :) Actually, I put them in the dryer before i went to bed and I didn't wait up for them. Maybe I should have.

Where are you in your vacation today?

DC: Yeah, and when I go into manage posts it is dated yesterday; preteding to have been there all along. But I know better. Now, I deleted one, but I sent it three times. I hope another one doesn't pop up.

You had to drive 5 hours to catch a flight? That doesn't sound fun. There us no way I would make that with my planning skills. I'd definitely oversleep or something.